1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay for this dump trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Right Touch, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Right Touch

Right Touch LawnSite Senior Member

Im always looking for a deal and always willing to put in some TLC to get something looking good. Someone is trying to sell this trailer. 1990 eager Beaver dump trailer- steel frame, aluminum sides, 7.5' wide, 16' long (inside), new battery, new tires, new pump, new hoses. he originally wanted $3400, now wants $3000. I dont mind doing all the aesthetic work, just wanna know if its worth purchasing and how much to offer. Any help would be great. Thank you.

dump trailer.jpg

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I dont think so.... I paid a little over double that for a 2010 7 ton dump with all the top end specs & features. Multi leaf slipper springs, 10k jack, 20K scissor, power down, 3 way gate, LED's, 4 brakes, slide in ramps, molded wiring, charge outlet.

3. Right Touch

thats what i thought. Any idea what a good asking price would be? $1000?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

depends on GVW. What size axles? Maybe a grand for a 3-5 ton and a couple hundo more for 6-7 ton.

5. Right Touch

thats the thing- the trailer came with a property he bought and it doesnt have a title. So he doesnt know the gvwr or the axle size... probably not worth the trouble, right?

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

gvwr should be on a plate mounted on the tongue or frame. unless its a custom built unit or the plate has come off.