how much would you pay for used echo trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ofishil, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

how much would you guys pay for a echo trimmer. it is a echo gt-200ezr. i tried to find it on ebay and some other places but no dice. it is used but in excellent excellent shape. As good as a used piece of equipment can get. It was one of my customers and she and I traded 100 dollars of lawn care for it and a cheap ryiobi plug-in blower that i will eventually just give to someone. We did trade services for equipment before. 200 dollars of lawn care for a really nice snapper self propel. So nice it sat for 4 months and i pulled the string and it started. One pull. Same with the trimmer. 3 pulls.

Anyway just seeing how much you guys would pay or better yet how much do you think its worth?

2. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

One Benjamin
    ok so now it won't have few to many words

Matt

3. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

but the trimmer is a bent shaft trimmer. no good for novice, and advanced professionals. If you find the right person i would think you could get 110, but i dont know what it retails

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

^Yeah, I wouldn't bother with a curved shaft.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

You can score a bent shaft trimmer like the one you described for around $60 in a pawnshop around here, Ofishil. BTW, where in tx are you?

6. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

Corpus Christi... The heat magnet

7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your pain about the heat... I, too live less than 7 miles from the Gulf.:blob2:

8. nmhorns

nmhorns LawnSite Member

bent shaft is no good, **** hits ur shins, and u cant get under signs, cars, etc

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I am not familiar with that model ECHO but the SRM-2100 I had I wouldn't give a tinkers damn for much less money.

I hated that thing and I took it back for a full refund.

but to be fair...it ran very smoothly. but I still hated that POS.

GEO :mad:

10. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

I paid $129 for a brand new srm 260 at a pawn shop. Looked like brand new! Best money i ever spent at the pawn shop.