1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gmlcinc, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

for a well maintained 2004 Exmark Lazer Z XP with a 27-hp Daihatsu Diesel Engine,72" ultra-cut deck and 550 hours? Sorry, no pics, but it looks to be it in excellent shape. Previous owners was a school district. So what do you guys think it's worth? Also if any one has recently purchased a diesel like this Toro, Exmark, what did you pay new? Thanks
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure but I think they run 12-14g new, at least 10.
  3. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

the mower is only going to be as good as the groundskeeper that drove it. did they abuse it? did they have it serviced regularly? it will clean up real nice, but how are the functions?
  4. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

Are you talking about the one on ebay right now?
  5. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

Ya, but I just got done talking with my dealer and he says that the Toro 72" with the 28 kaw only uses around .2 gph more. I was looking at the diesel because I thought they used a lot less fuel. Knowing that I would rather pickup a new gasser for under 10k. I knew someone was going to see that on ebay. :waving:
  6. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

I saw that yesterday. I currently have that mower but in gas, not needing to add right now, (always keeping my eyes open for that perfect deal) maybe at the end of the season. That is a hell of a price though. Especially if your able to get a hold of off road diesel.