How much would you pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LuckhardtLawnService, Jul 1, 2008.

1. LuckhardtLawnService

LuckhardtLawnService LawnSite Member

How much would you pay someone who has 10 years of expierence? Two years of owning a Lawn Care. Can run anything from a 21 inch to a 8500 John Deere Tractor. Can maintain all maintence on all equipment. Pretty much can run a half million dollar company right now. Can run quickbooks and most other book programs. Very good with customers, can drive any manual or automatic truck and trailor. I am curious so if you have been in a Crew-Leader Position or are currently have someone hired as a Crew-Leader please respond. There are plenty of more attributes and qualities I have obtained but as a short summary of my expierence how much do you think someone with 10 years of expierence is worth?

2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Still depends if crew leader can work at speed, accuratacy to ones liking.
    I pay $23 an hr but im down under, you sound you have all quallities required.
    The biggest thing i find is to have one to respect equip and maintain.

3. mowerman87

mowerman87 LawnSite Member

Damn. That dudes worth alot. If I were you and by the way I WISH I had someone like that asking for a job, I would focus on growing the business, getting commercial accounts, doing customer service, etc, and make him feel like an integral part of ops management. Put him in the position where he wants to improve the company while you land the jobs and manage the administration. Perhaps salary would be best but I guesse north of $15 an hour or somewhere in that neighborhood. Of course I'm talking Texas dollars so really its hard to be specific. But thats a rare worker.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would pay a dollar but I'm too cheap.

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to consider a move to Austin, pm me.

6. mowerman87

My best crewleader is back in jail. Why do the good ones always leave?

7. LuckhardtLawnService

This company which was owned by 4 brothers. I started working for the company about ten years ago. All the brothers but 1 has left and right before the last brother left the business I had started my own business and was doing really well. But because of better business oppurtunities I sold my business to my other friend who is now making about 70k.. I respect everything that I do and all the equipment I run.(being that im responsible for all maintenence, if something is to go wrong I have to fix it anyways) and work about 45-65 hours a week. I am honestly one of the fastest weedeaters and cutters you can find. I have lots of major companys around me and I can cut a yard faster by myself and not skip corners or rut yards or leave turn marks, or any rookies mistakes as fast as a crew of two. Granted I usually run a crew of two or three. On the average day I am able to cut an average 45 dollar yard in about 20-25 minutes. The averaged day I can cut 25-33 yards in an 8-10 hour day. I am not trying inflate my ego,or even talk as if I am something special but sometimes when you know you have a talent you must take advantage of that and not get taken advantage of.. but I just think I am worth more than I am getting paid. I am salary and work 9 months and lets just say I make somewhere between 30-40k, I do not work for 12 months though. I do have 3-4 months off for winter. I was the first person this company asked to take over the ex-owners position. I am dependable, I rarely am late, I am able to abide and to give orders in a friendly manner. I am 26 years old and I can maintain a company that pulls in almost 500k right now.. We have roughly 20 commercial accounts and about 200 residential accounts. Does this help a little more?

8. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

how about come down under working holliday. Ill have ya

9. mowerman87

we dont even have crew leaders like that in fort worth. Sounds like youre about to be promoted to the office. Id put you in charge of a couple of crews but not actually running a weedeater or certainly not on a mower. Really valuable people should be managing/coordinating/instructing, but not using their time fooling around on resi's. Strictly my opinion.

10. LuckhardtLawnService

If you paid for my expenses and travel I would definently do it from December 1 or so to March 1 or so.. I am not opposed to leaving my state or my country for a better business opportunity. If the company can guarantee me a % increase every year with a bonus arrangement. I have 7 bonus a year based on customer relations, employee relations, complaints, ect.... and I have never not been given one. My crew averages roughly 2 complaints a month, and thats just because we have two "Older" ladies who hates the world. lol I appreciate the feedback