How much $ would you pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, May 30, 2004.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys. After reading all of your replies to my question about 23hp being enough motor for a 60" Lazer. I've pretty much decided I'm going to go down to my dealer Tuesday and put in an order for a 27hp 60" Z. My big question now is this. The dealer told me that the best deal he could give me on an '04 23hp Kohler, with the 60" deck (Lazer Z AS) would be $7995. I'm wondering now about what price I should go in there Tuesday expecting to get from him on the 27hp/60" Z.

So tell me guys. What price would you expect to pay on this mower? A little background for you. I bought a 23hp/52" Lazer HP from him last year and it's paid off. I bought 2 trimmers from him and a lot of other goodies. Needless to say. I have a good relationship with this guy. Thanks for the great advice guys.

Vic

2. rshofcols

rshofcols LawnSite Member
    from ohio

vic,when you order the mower dont get an engine on it. Go back to the hangar maintenance area an scavange an old piper cub engine or an old jet from the junk pile and mount that on the back of the 60" and you then you can cut at 100 m.p.h.

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i think you can expect to pay $9000

4. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

I believe they told me $8300-8400

5. cmoore

cmoore LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Victor, call Randy at 260-589-8177 and he will sell you a 2004 27/60 for $7675 without any haggling on the price. I don't think he will come down on the price unless you purchase multiple units.

I drive to Columbus quite a bit for football games so I'm guessing it would be a two hour drive for you from Dublin to the dealer (Hilty Engine Service) in Berne, Indiana. I'm not exactly sure where Berne is because he brought my mower to me.

If you buy from him tell him Chris Moore referred you. I'm trying to get a better price on the suspension seat since I have referred a few customers to him.

GO BUCKS

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Vic, that price is horible. You should be able to get a 27 for close to that much.

7. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the quote I got in March... $8299 w/o tax.

8. Tea to Green

Tea to Green LawnSite Member

How's that stander you bought working for you? It's been a while since I've seen you mention it. How does the move to Columbus look also?

Vic