how much would you sale it for?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by straightlinelawns, Jul 19, 2006.

1. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

let me give you a list of my equipment:

1995 dodge ram 1500 4x4, single cab, normal miles, great shape(motor is 360)
    2 year old 6 1/2 x 16 double axle trailer, wood floor, brakes, lots of racks
    275 gallon spray tank , new
    2 year old exmark 36'' metro hp, 15 hp kaw, great shape
    redmax 7001 2 years old
    shin 24.1cc weed eater, 5 months old
    earthway spreader
    echo edger
    echo weed eater
    solo backback sprayer
    honda self propelled 21'' mower, 2 years old
    tru cut reel mower, 5.5 honda motor, 25'' cut??
    echo hedge trimmer
    miscellaneous stuff also

i am debating if I should sale it all and get into something else, but have no clue as of much much this stuff is worth. all the equipment was used only by me, well taken care of, and not abused. i cut about 30 yrads a week for two years. i am located in atlanta if anyone is interested. thanks

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

1995 dodge ram, $7000
    Trailer $1500
    Exmark Mower $1800-2200
    redmax 7001 $250
    Shinny Trimmer $ 250

I'm not that sure about the other stuff. Why are you selling out? Do you have the accounts to go with the equipment?

3. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

i have the accounts. but i started a new job that pays really good, benifits, i like it alot and the money is consistant. i'm 23 years old, and have in lawn care for a while and feel like its time to start a new leaf

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Keep the lawns on the side as long as you can. maybe scale back a little but keep them as a savings fund, or take all the earnings and invest it as "extra money." Or get a mayonaise jar and bury it out back so you just have a few bucks laying around.

5. JCP Crafts

JCP Crafts LawnSite Member

Put it on Ebay with no reserve your stuff will be gone in a week,if your willing to ship it. I believe you can take it to a UPS "store" and they will box it for you.Make sure to drain the gas tanks first.
    Advertise it at the shops you bought it,put it on consignment with the dealers.
    If you can I personaly would hold on to the equipment,you may decide to get back in this business at a later date.....

6. Terra-Scapes

Terra-Scapes LawnSite Member

Straightline,

I'm very intertesed in your equiptment and I'm located in Atlanta, Ga. Please email a contact number: Rockjock15@aol.com

Thanks,
    Josh

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Or sell the 10-15K worth of stuff and invest the money and have a lot more money than what will fit in a mayo jar:)