How much would you sell for if you have...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Jan 17, 2005.

1. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

How much would you sell if you have scag 36" / belt drive / 15hp kawi engine / mulching plate / less then 40 hrs ?
    Honest opinion please.

2. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

i have a 36" scag w/ 15 hp. kaw. no mulch plate though and about 3-4 times the hours. its 2004. i would sell mine for 2,000. i pd 2,500 brand spanking new.

3. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

A rule of thumb for most tools regardless of what they are is: once you own them they are worth 50% of what you paid. Now, you have a desirable machine and the market is decent for someone to want it. If you can document your hrs and when you purchased it I would ask $2000 and see who bites.
    If I were a buyer, I would spend an extra $500 and get a new one with a warranty. If you do try to sell it be prepared for bargain hunters.

The real deciding factors are How bad do you want to sell it? and How bad does someone want to buy it? If you are staying in the business I would hold on to it. They are very handy. -Paul

4. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

1250.00 and thats if your lucky. I know it is worth more and it is a good mower, but you'll have a hard time finding someone who'll pay that price for a used mower. A lot of these mowers get used (Misused) and abused! :cry:

Greg

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd say $2000

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a buyer for everything. Sounds like some of you guys sell your stuff too cheap. List it for $2000 you will $1700-1800. Put it in a good classified magazine and your phone will ring. I have always found a buyer for my stuff and at a good price. The idea that something is worth 50% less after you buy it is nuts based on my experiences.