How much

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rrjp111, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

I have a local LCO here who is getting out of the Business,heath reasons,.He has a 96 ford crew cab, 2 exmark 44 03 mowers, 2 sthil 420 blowers, 2 sthil110 weed eaters and a 18 foot trailer. He has 60 accounts invoiced 150 last year and 210 the year before. He is asking 45,000 for all he will finance and answer all about accounts over the next 2 years while paying.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats not to bad as long as the jobs stay with you, a lot of times they don't like change because that might mean there is something wrong with the company. But because of heath problems it may be ok, but why did the company make less last year?

3. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

He was running the crew his self but got in a bad accident and had knee surgery so he was out a lot last year. He said if more than a third drop from the change he would only want 15 for equipment.

4. Gatewayuser

Sounds great I would do it but get it in writing. Good luck!:waving:

5. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

This was discussed in great detail a week or two back and someone had a great idea, can't remember who. Let me try and recreate the idea.

1. Have him contact in writting his contract customers telling them what's going on. He should let them know that this is the time to sign contract with you for the next season. This will show you exactly how many drop outs you may have. You can then have a leg to stand on to renegotiate the sale. You will know exactly what it is your buying as far as business.

I didnt mean to steal someone else's idea, just thought it was a great way to cover yourself.

6. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

New info he does not do contracts. He said alot of them don't like contracts and that how he got them. He has been doing it for 6 years and this are the best he weeded throw them and this are the one's that pay on time and he doesn't think there will be a problem in the change.

7. Gatewayuser

Thats a little more risky but if you feel ok about then go ahead. Good Luck!