How much?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag413, May 7, 2006.

1. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an older lady and gentleman who live side by side that want there pasture fence line to be weedeated. The pasture is 1-1 1/2 acres. Remember just the fence line. I do not know how much to charge. I use a Stihl FS80. The grass isn't tall enough yet that my weed eater will have no problem. I figure an hourly wage but how much? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

2. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a vinyl fence we trim under it is a little over 5000 feet, we have done it in 2.5 hrs. but usually 3 and I charge 250.00. hope that helps

3. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I'd charge your normal hourly rate, you have one right? Mine is $40.00 if it helps.

4. Scag413

Since I am only 16 I do not have a certain hourly rate. I don't think anybody would pay me. Thanks for the help. I believe that the work is definitely worth $250, but there is no way they would pay it. Any more advance is welcomed. Thanks guys for your input already it did really help!

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

what kind of fence is it. if its barbwire with the bottom wire up off the ground you can trim it about as fast as you can walk.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can't image that taking more than a couple hours at worst and that would mean maybe $70 - $80.

7. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Ask them If you could just do a Round Up treatment down it if its just over grown weeds/grass. 4 gallon pack sprayer @ $50.00ea.

8. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

careful about spraying round-up without a license.

9. Scag413

Sorry guys that I have responded back so late,but i have had a baseball game both Monday and tonight and haven't had time to get on. It is barbwire with the bottom wire off the ground. As far as spraying round-up, they want it trimmed so that he can spray it and there are no long dead weeds still standing. I have to tell them tomorrow night what my price is so keep the prices coming! Thanks to everyone so far you have helped me alot!