how much

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Maxman, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Maxman

Maxman LawnSite Member

hey all ...i need some advice. i am taking on a new maintenance contract which includes snowplowing and ice management in the winter and groundskeeping in the summer,spring,fall..
    i already have the snow end of it figured out ..but what do i charge to cut grass 2 times a week and maintain the property..??

help

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

be a little more specific not enough info to even guess

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

It all depends on how many goats you have.

Sorry guys I had to!

4. Maxman

Maxman LawnSite Member

i know ..i asked for it ..

bahhhhhhhhhhh

well to be honest , it is a simple house (model home)
    cut the grass in the summer time(2,3,times..?)maintain the appearance as it is a model sale home(flowers,shrubbery..all which is billed back to builder)..avg house
    property would be like 50 feet by 80 feet...not the biggest backyards as the house takes up most of the property..backyard would be like 30 x 50 ft
    front grass and in between the houses would be same or even less..

i know the time to do it would be minimal..( half hour per house..) everything else would be extra(plants..etc) to the builder..so in ignorance..i am blind in priceing...do i charge him 200 dollars per month per house or is that to much ..??

5. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

he could have sheep. oboy, hee haw where is colin?
    still need more info.what do you have for equipment. 2 or 3 times a week you mow makes a big difference. trimming how much. is it watered. how many shrubs to trim. how much time will you spend weeding. what about clean ups. etc.etc

6. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

he could have sheep. oboy, hee haw where is colin? still need more info like road time. 2 or 3 times a week makes a big difference. what do you have for equipment? what about clean ups and shrubs how many.

7. Maxman

Maxman LawnSite Member

equipment that can be used is a toro mower.(trailer/truck) to transport... i also have a toro riding mower with .. i think a 25 inch cutting area..rakes,trimmers,..etc..if needed..
    one man will be hired to go by these places once/twice a week to upkeep the properties , maintain the plants ..weed..
    all of these house will have new sod ..so weeding will prolly be minimal
    i will be using their water..

my cost would only be hiring a guy on a weekly pay..(no biggie)..
    but like i said what do i charge my builder per house ?

8. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

By toro mower im assumeing you mean only a homeowner push mower? Think if your going to mow 2-3 times a week and have more then 1-2 house's its gonea eat away with you haveing that push mower. Think you need some other equipment~ 200 sounds extremly low for 2-3 times a week thats 15-25 dollers per time! Your never going to make anymoney. I think if it was once a week id price around 200 or so. 300 for twice a week 350 for 3 times a week. (think about it 3 times a week is 10 times a month!)

9. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

No comment except that a good mower gives a much better finish than sheep.:D