How Much $$$

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Watson's Landscaping, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

O.K. guys all of you could do this job with your eyes closed, by I would like to get an idea of how much I should charge for this job. Is a 40' long wall by 4' high and at the ends it going to turn in by 2'. From what I can figure He's looking at $2000 just in bricks (I'm looking to use Rockwood blocks) But i'm open to any idea's. So if u guys could throw out some idea's and prices that would be great. :confused:

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

boy i love these "how much" threads. :)

if this message board also offered expert coaching on love making, a man would have all he needs! :drinkup:

3. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

I think i've said this before but here we go again. Take landscape out of your name change it to lawn care and stick to that. Why would you want bid on somthing your not qualified to build?

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I would be in the 2,000 to 150,000 dollar range it really depends on your overhead and stupidity of the client.

a 160 square wall is a big job not to know how to bid.

I think your asking the wrong questions to get good answers from this forum.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I think you should figure our how long it will take you & bid accordingly. Or sub it out to someone that knows what they're doing. You could even sit there & watch them work so you can learn how to do it.

6. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

overhead+materials+labor+profit=total price
    this is dependent on access etc. there is no set price only a method of figuring out how YOU can make a living based on your overhead and labor and material, delivery charges etc.
    I have a guy in my area that does versa lock walls for $19 a sq ft. I can't do a wall for less than $35 a sq ft and make money. your area might be different.
    BTW, try the search feature and you might find this has been discussed once or twice.

7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is he using bricks or blocks?
    Mike

8. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man all you guys were a great big HELP think I'll go with $100,000 for this job since one of you great helpers said between $2,000 and $150,000. Just wish I could get a little really help with my ? seems like all you guys forgot that at one time (when you started) you didn't have that great of ideas either. Its always great you I get answers from this site, and I try to remember why I even came on here !!!! :realmad:

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

The POINT they are trying to make, is that if you don't have the knowledge to bid this correctly, then it's likely you don't have the knowledge to BUILD it correctly either.

PS - don't ask me what I'm doing in the hardscaping forum, I'm just hiding behind a tree observing:)

10. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I think my answerr was very helpful.
    figure out how much it costs you to live each month including every dime you spend on everything from cigarettes to vehicle maintenance. Thats your overhead. divide that by 20 days and you have your daily nut. add labor, materials, and how much profit you want to make and you have your price for the job. this will be different in every state and every area.
    if you want to give a per sq ft price, divide that # by the total sq ft.