How much?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PROFESSORRAIN, Aug 1, 2007.

1. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

If it is not to personal what is everyone paying for everyday items such as heads,controllers,valves,wire and so on just a short thing really don't want to know what brand just to see how much items have came down and could help maybe with your own pricing.I know eveyone is saying I ain't tellin my prices to everyone that's my competion that's why I asked so we would get answers nation wide and because I think I am doing good on prices ,so here we go.Pick me pick me o.k. Professorrain you go 1st.
    rotor 7.95
    nozzles .94 ech for van's
    4" sprays 1.79
    no flow swv(solvent weld valve for newbie's)12.25,13.25 w/flow
    expandale controller 73.25
    modules 18.25
    1" thin (cl 200) 14.25 cents per ft

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Most supply house have sliding scales on pricing depending on your volume,
    payment of bills & if your a dirtbag. I never "shopped", stuck with the same
    supply houses over the years & never worried about pricing: I trusted them &
    vice versa.:)

4. PROFESSORRAIN

Of course the more you buy the cheaper you get it.But here lately I have thought about the end picture, I am talking about points RB & HUNTER plus now supply house is giving points to us that pay right no debt.

5. Mike Leary

I'm not getting your question..Rain-Bird will award points for any Rain-Bird
    product bought anywhere..just FAX the invoices. Hunter points are only awarded from Hunter dealers, which I think is a crock, 'cause I don't happen
    to like our local Hunter dealer, but buy some Hunter material who pick it up
    from the Hunter dealer, charges us the same price, but no points.

6. PROFESSORRAIN

MY RB rep said no points unless from authorized dealer no internet purchases.Thanks Mike this what I'm talkin about you have been in the game along time and don't mind helping others out with your years of knowledge and experience.Again thanks

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

The whole points thing is a game, if you play it right then good for you if you don't then you must not know how to play it or don't want to.

RB Points
    Hunter Points
    Credit Card Points
    Supplier Points

But the points are worthless if you can just buy at a cheaper rate upfront from a certain source have it be on-line or offline. I would always choose to get my savings on the front-end instead of at the end of the year.

And if you use both Hunter and RainBird there is an even more complicated game you can play to maximize your growth points, but they have been making it harder to do in the past couple of years.

8. Mike Leary

Tell your Rain-Bird rep he's full of it (as most reps are) why should Rain-Bird
    or Hunter give a rat where we buy the product????:hammerhead:

9. Mike Leary

Things have gotten worse, I take it ,since I dealt with both points systems.:cry:

10. The whole point thing is annoying to me. I'm not a coupon clipper. Use the best product in your opinion regardless of the whole point stuff. I use WM controller, RB DVF or Irritrol 205F, 1804s. I consider them to be good products and have never cashed a point in my life.