1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much???$$$

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cr80mxrider, May 27, 2008.

1. cr80mxrider

cr80mxrider LawnSite Member

Hey I was wondering how much to charge for a skidsteer job.
    ive done some odd jobs with it and charged about 50$
    I have to dig a patio about 10' by 10' 4" deep. How much should I charge?
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

3. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

is it just digging, or do you also have to dispose of the material, and build the actual patio?
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you even get it to the site and home again for $50? Around here, I've been quoted $100 just to move the machine and $75/hr.
  5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Seems like more trouble than its worth for a machine. Sure its faster and easier, but its only 1 1/4 yards to dig out. By hand it can be done in a few hours and with my machine I would charge around $500 since it will consume about half a day of messing around to do 15 minutes worth of digging.
  6. cr80mxrider

I just have to dig it and he lives next door
  7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I guess if it is your neighbor and you like him I would do it for cost. It is always nice to have neighbors that appreciate you and will help you out when you need them.

I helped my neighbor out with some skid steer work when I have free time... I look after him and he looks after me.
  8. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

$100 per hour plus cost of rental, if you own $125 or $150
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If he's able to help you, why not just dig it by hand. Between the 2 of you, you should be done in about 1.5 hours or less.
  10. cr80mxrider

b/c i like money