1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Much

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by turkp15, Jul 17, 2003.

1. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

I wanted to get a ballpark of how much it would be for 5 yards of that red mulch from a landscaping supply store or a nursery?

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

In the Chattanooga area it would cost about 140.00 your cost.
  3. jbutch83

jbutch83 LawnSite Member

I am paying $24 a yard, $20 if picked up.

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Who's choice for red?

Red is not natural.

When you see red mulch in the landscape, what is the first thing your eyes catch? What are you looking at mostly. Red mulch.

Your planting, you would prefer to show your plants and design concept. Or is the red mulch the main feature of the landscape.

Red mulch is the worst creation ever made. That is my opinion.
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i had planned on using Sweet Pete mulch for my last job, but everyone in the area is out of it till august (happens every year for some reason). The customer wanted the job done ASAP so we went with red cedar. It really went well with the hedges and small flowers he has along the house. We ended up using it under the trees too, but i think those would have done better with sweet pete, which is the more typical black/brown color.
  6. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

When you put down that pretty red mulch, you are creating problems...
    The reason it is dyed is that usually that stuff is the lamest, bug ridden, softwood crap; it's the only way they can sell it short of making it into compost, which takes more time and resources.

Bugs love it

As said before, why would you put lots of dollars into beds, plants, berms, trees and groundcovers only to detract from the beauty of the design and plantings by putting something down that takes the eye away from the design and plants?
  7. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hardwood Mulch single ground - 12.00/yd
    Double ground 13.50 yd
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I agree with Glan on the worst creation ever made,even though I had to finish a small stone border,and bed job with it today.(customers request on the mulch,and the customer happens to be a neighbor! so I get to look at it every day!)
  9. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

the BLACK dyed!!!!!!!! YUCH!!!!!!:blob4: :blob3: :blob1: :dizzy:
  10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

$20yd. plus $50 for delivery. Thats at our Garden Center here in North Jersey