1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Much $

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by pcs, Nov 27, 2000.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

another guy i know phoned me tonight asking me if i new anyone who wanted to buy a 4 year old 7 1/2 steel fisher plow. how much would this go for? it's in pretty good shape. he was getting it put on his truck today and was told that he has a crack in his frame so they won't put the plow on the truck. what could be done about this?
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Is the truck an F-150, and is the crack on the right front side of the frame? I have been told this is a problem on the 150's, not sure why.

As far as what the plow is worth, I have found you get much better deals if you don't make an offer. Tough sometimes....
    It may be better to offer a low price, and haggle from there. There are a lot of people that just want their old plow "gone" and will settle for much less than it's worth just to be rid of it.

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

yr old 7.5' min mount would be in the 1000-1400$ range, if it is in good shape, and all wiring and control box os there.
    If anything is missing, no more than a thousand.
    People call around and ask how much for a new plow then take 500 off and try to sell theirs, but used plows are plentifull, and about 1/2 of the new price is about right.
  4. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Also when pricing make sure truck will fit truck, new framework/wiring harness will cost an extra $ 500.00., The first plow I bought was a used Fisher 8', by used I mean 3x, no paint was even chipped, I paid $ 1300 or $ 1400, I can't recall, but then we retrofitted lower framework, it was a conventional mount so wiring was not as hard.