How Much $$

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by seasonal services, May 1, 2004.

1. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I recently got into the lawn care business and am making some pretty decent money. Just wondering how much money i can realistically expect to make after a couple years in the business.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, good luck getting this answered.... last year I made millions as did everyone else on here.
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

We talking really it depends on so many factors. Overhead costs, clientele, weather, area you work in, etc..
  4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

well, if you put in a lot, you'll make a lot $$$

if you put in little, expect to make little $$$
  5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

You pretty much are not limited by anything but time, and effort.
    Only you can be the judge on what you actually make. You can make $10,000 this year, but if you don't reinvest it, don't plan on making $20,000 next year. Make sure to lay out your long term goals, and stick to them, it's the only way to succeed in the long run.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi seasonal services,

Congrats on your season so far. Something you can consider doing is come up with a figure that you want to make after a couple of years and then break it down to find out how much you will have to do with how much staff you will need to reach that goal.

You could even do that on this post and then get feedback from others as to what it would take to reach that goal.
  7. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Here's what you can expect to "make". It's actually a very simple equation. The hard part is figuring estimating X and Y accurately.

Expenses for the year = X

Gross income for the year = Y

MADE = Y-X, where a positive number indicates a profit and a negative number represents a loss.

Keep in mind this is your BEFORE TAX amount.