How Much?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 25, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

a customer, a neighbor of my freinds, has about 2 ft of weeds in her backyard, its only about 2k sq ft. ill bag it with my 48. the front yard is small, and is only a few in high. she also has about a truck full of lumber that needs to be hauled off, and also about 150ft of gutters cleaned and a branch on the roof that needs to be taken care of.

i was thinking $45 for the first cut. then $16 after that.

$40 for the gutters.

$40 for taking the branch off.

and $50 for taking the small lumber away.

so $175

I figure itll only take about 90min to 2 hrs to complete with one other person helping. and ill give him $20

and about $20 to dump the lumber.

is that too much? or to little to charge?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got a lawn that size that i am supposed to chop down (about 18 inches of grass) and i said $55 for the first cut, and $20 every cut.

trevor

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i know the mowing part i charged is reaonable. but what baout the branches and gutters? is that resonable or to much?

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i told her 40 for the first cut, 40 for gutters, 15 to take some weeds out (REALLY EASY) 40 to take some wood off the property (will take like 5 min), and 50 to take a branch off the roof. so total is $185 and she said that it sounds great. it should only take me and one other person about 90min or so.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally would have charged more for the gutters and weeds even if it only takes a short time. When it comes to stuff like that I break it down into a minimum charge for each

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ahh i never thought about that. ah well. at least i know for next time. i learn as i go. and btw this forum rocks, ive learned so much already! TY LAWNSITE!