1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how much

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JRSlawn, Aug 10, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I went to look at a new truck today it is a 2000 chevy 3500 black with 5,000 miles. Man this thing has it all even on star. The guy who bought it is going out of business and asked me if I may be intrested in it. He told me to make him a offer so how much should I offer him without insulting him?

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

A 2000 with 5000 miles? WOW

3. JRSlawn

This guy has a shi@ load of money. He owns a biz making presentations. The only thing he used the truck was to trasport bulk card board from manufacture to shop. This truck is a awsome. I hope to make it mine. Ill try to get some pics.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Price, would depend on if it's a Duramax.. Also think about this... the second you drive it off the lot, it becomes pre owned.... Don't get suckered...

5. JRSlawn

its gas 454 in it I know its going to be a gas hog :( but this truck is awsome. I was thinking about offering him like 17 some thing. if I can get it for that is it a good deal.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh wait, I misread... 15k max, I wouldn't care how nice..

7. JRSlawn

yea good point. 15-16. The more I talked around the cheaper the price got. Im glad I may get the truck for cheaper then I thought.