how not to do an application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Apr 12, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Spot spraying with an adjustable tip or JD9 gun and the mix is way over. The edges are curved, ruling out a fan tip. Too much Three-Way? The hazards of using one mix for all types of grass. Might have gotten away with it on cool season grasses or zoysia. But not on centipede.

2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just what I was thinking. Used a product not labeled for the type of turf. Glad I don't have to worry about that up here.

3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Good call DreenDoctor. I witnessed last week the use of a z-sprayer with wand attachment. The applicator was trolling around the lawn on the thing stopping every so often and spraying in a outward swath motion............cone tip.
    We are having a bumper year of catkins, samara, all over the place. The acorns from the this seasons mild winter has caused a lot of pop up trees in places where we didn't have them last season. My eyes are so swollen and I am coughing out of control from all the dusty material on my lawns.

4. looks like a good sales picture.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The Weed Slayer strikes again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

look at those crack weeds