1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"How not to get out of work"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Aug 31, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend, Jim, has a 17 year old son who is pretty much a loaf. Jim cracked the whip and told his son to cut the gr***. His son hopped on the crapsman tractor and made a bee-line right to the horse shoe pit, hitting the horse shoe pin. He bent the blade and said "I guess I can't cut the gr*** now Dad". Jim said "oh yes you can ,use the push mower".

2. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Gee that reminds me of some of my employees when you tell them what to do & they get really pissed off!

3. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

stinger... do you dock their pay when they do something like that?????

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, when I was a newlywed, we got into a "discussion" about her never taking a turn at mowing the lawn (at the time I was at a job which required some 12 hour days) She proceeded to take the brand new Toro 2-cycle and run it over the boundary stone-goodbye Toro, and she has yet to mow a lawn since.

5. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Hey if my son did that i am soory he would cut it with a swing Blade go ahead hit somthing.