1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How NOT to get paid quick.. what I learned last month

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Everyone but me might know this already but....
    Because of some problems in the office (printer) I didnt put a self-addressed envolope in with my invoices that I mailed out for May. Ive always done this in the past and thought "what the hey.. the address is on the invoice, they can write it down" well Ive never gotten paid so slow in my life, the only thing I can think of is the little envolopes being missing. The June invoices are out and we'll see if it speeds things up. If you dont already Id suggest trying popping a envolope in with every bill to give them on less reason not to pay you on time (I dont pay the return postage.. Its .49 here.. but Im sure that would speed things up even more) :blob2:
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually put an address label in the invoices, this month I was low on labels for the same reason (busted printer).
    My people are meeting me on their lawns with checks!
    Crawdad payup
  3. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

That's a good idea We just leave an invoice all of my customers are good to pay but some seem to take longer than I would like.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just stop mowing them, that works too.
  5. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

I always provide a SASE. Works wonders. Most payments received within 7-10 days.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

june was my slowest paying month that i can ever remember. i didn't recieve one check until june 29th (due 6/30) then they started trickling in over the next few days. i think between people going on vacation and kids being out of school people tend to forget things like bills.