How not to trim a viburnum hedge...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenT, May 31, 2008.

1. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

This is next door to one of my accounts. Houses in this gated development are $500K to $1.5M

My customer tells me the neighbor hired a couple of guys to do this:

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like something out of The Wizard Of OZ ! :laugh: Thats a shame thou..
  3. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Gawd knows, there are more appropriate and selective measures available to reduce the size of an overgrown hedge, but horticultural hooliganism is common place.

No mind, as it will eventually fill back in. It looks (ROFL!) like V. tinus?
  5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

When the pictures were taken it was about 2 weeks after the "trimming" had been done. There were no leaves left originally, just the bare limbs.

My initial impression when I first saw this was.... these guys were thinking that it's akin to plucking a chicken. All feathers (leaves) must be off. :laugh:

I agree James, viburnum is bulletproof down here and I'm sure in a couple of months it'll be back.

But talk about lowballers. :hammerhead:, they charged $40, so the two guys each got 20 bucks for this atrocity. Well, I guess it's enough fo a six pack.

6. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it was cut back 3' shorter at some time before.
  7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Yea. Some people whack them down like Crape Myrtles.
  8. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Wait..:confused:.I thought we did a good job....and we got a few quarts of Boones Farm:drinkup:

Wounder if the customer was happy....:usflag:
  9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, how the heck did those weirdos do that? It looks like it took more time to get the leaves off than it should have.

I can't imagine what they thought when they got paid. I wonder if they drive by that job with their wives and say, what do you think of the work I did honey? :dizzy:
  10. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah you definately did not do a good job :) Kidding.

Good luck.