How often do you change your oil?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Fubba, May 24, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 23 hp Kohler on my Lazer Z HP. I've been changing it about every 50 hours. What do you guys change yours at? Also, I changed my air filter 50 hours ago, and looked at it the other day, and it's filthy again...probably worst than the first time. How often are you guys changing these?

2. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you change the oil on a 21" toro? do you turn teh machine upside down?

3. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

sorry but going to be rude. Dumb question , change when manual states . Filters block dust, all up to you to use ya head learn youre machine dont ask forrest gump etc learn your motor . have you a book. I change well before time states but come on youre callDo you sit at A pizza shop order and say how long.

4. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Puntuation and spelling are your friends.
    As far as my question goes, it was just a poll of some sort to see how many people follow their manuals word for word or if they do things sooner than it says. I know when I do my maintenance and wasn't planning on changing it due to this post. It was just a random question. However, I would appreciate it if you would never post another reply to one of my posts again or anyone else's for that matter unless you are making a good point which you are not in the above post.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I change my oil once / year but then I use synth, thou I may have to change it in-season on my oldest Kohler, it appears there is some blow-by getting past the rings and into the oil... I just changed oil in March and it's already turning color, the new machine still has squeaky clean oil.

As for the air filter, you need to use lightly oiled pre-cleaners or you won't stay around long replacing expensive filters, you can wash the pre-cleaners.

6. easycareacres

fair enough drunk sorry but too me, stupid question. will answer. Im a book change your oil as manual says. I say change if conditions dust etc when you look at dip stick or think hell off dam holy **** dust around have a look.
    dont care about spell thats for 2 yo spastic orangotangs.

7. easycareacres

so many dam wankers havent glue but money.

8. easycareacres

you need go wipe ya funnel young 15 8 litre v8 ? haaaaaa

9. easycareacres

ok we change ours 1-2 weekly and improt filters. all aplicatins diff

10. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

Sorry Fubba but I could not resist. Punctuation is the correct spelling.:drinkup:

REV