How often do you get some?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by amar, Mar 27, 2004.

1. amar

amar LawnSite Member

:D How often do you get some sharpe blades? Yes I understatd it depends on the conditions however Im cutting regular grass in MI not running over sand pits or sticks or whatever and im still having to change blades two or three times a day. I also get the angle and sharpness back to what the blade was when in was new?

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

2 or 3 times a day??? What kind of blades do you run??? We sharpen everyother day and have no problems. When the grass is really thick or the ground is sandy we might do it daily but never more than that.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, what brand?

4. amar

amar LawnSite Member

I envy you. I have the standard highlift blades on a hustler and exmark 60s

5. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

We change on saturday and again on usually tuesday night. So only two times per week for us. I can't imagine having to change 2-3 times a day. Maybe you should change blade brands? or buy a bushog? LOL

6. amar

amar LawnSite Member

I want to cut at top speeds keeping the blades sharp helps.

7. amar

amar LawnSite Member

How many hours are you guys putting on your riders a day mine get 7-10 hours a day

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

What kind of edge are you putting on the blade? Are you realy sharpening them with a nice sweeping angle or are you just grinding the edge of the blade to save time? If you are thats your problem theres no reason to be change blades more then once a day.

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Might help you cut at top speed but look at all the time your wasting changing/sharpening blades????

10. amar

amar LawnSite Member

What is a sweeping angle? I sharpen them with a RBG grinder which gets the full angle.