1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How often do you mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tinman, Feb 23, 2003.

1. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

:cool: Just wondering the frequency of mowing a yard in Georgia & nearby states. I do Lawn Care Part time still & all my accounts are every 2 weeks. Most that is Ok, but a couple really need it a little more often.

I charge XX $ per cutting , but I noticed most folks on this board charge a monthly rate. Does that work out better? Thanks

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally charge per cut. Keeps it fair for all party's involved. Surge growth might require more mowings, dry times less mowings. No one gets :blob2: :blob2: this way.
  3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I offer this to the home owner cut your yard every 7,10,14 day what do you whant. charge 7 days lets say 35.00, 10 days 40.00, 14days 50.00 per cut.
  4. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Tinman, why are you letting the homeowner dictate your business schedule? Tell them on the front end, that you determine when the grass needs cutting. If they dont agree you will be better off without them anyway. It will make you money in the long run.
  5. goose

goose LawnSite Member

We go every week year round on half of our residentials and all of our commercials. On the other half we cut every week for 6 months and biweekly the non growing months
  6. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We follow a 32 mowing schedule for mowing contracts, 36 for full contracts.