how often do you service your lawns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KingMoneyNYC, May 2, 2008.

1. KingMoneyNYC

KingMoneyNYC LawnSite Member

what do you do more, every week or every 10 days?

2. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately I do mostly bi-weekly, but for my first year I'll take what I can get.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

During the spring through mid June its weekly after that it depends on the weather. We mow as needed during summer since its hot and dry most of the time and the lawn aren't growing as much. Around here if you only mowed every other week during spring you would be lucky to get through the lawn since it would be over a foot tall. I'm not going to waste my time or tear my equipment up mowing every other week especially during spring.

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

depends on the weather. most are weekly.

5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

first two years I told my customers I cut every two weeks, last year every 12-14 days, this year, every 10-12 days and we are aiming for 10. :clapping:

I also have to reassure them we won't cut every 10 days during the summer/drougth month....late July/early Aug...they always get their panties in a bunch when they think we'll charge them to cut when it doesn't need it.

BUT...next year, I'm going to try to start everyone off weekly and then go to 10 days. The grass grew so fast this year EVERYONE should have been on a weekly schedule.

Hope it helps.

Peace

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

February to May - bi-weekly

May to September - weekly

October and November - bi-weekly

December and January - monthly for some lawns

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats exactly what we do. Grass here grows way to fast for bi weekly. To be honest some of our lawns could use cutting twice a week.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Northern Turf here....
    I cut weekly May 1 thru end of June. With the heavy spring growth, no way you can nicely cut lawns any less often than that. Then, depending on the weather (hot, dry, drought?) will fall back to every 10 days to maybe 2 weeks July thru later August. Won't go more than bi-weekly as the weeds in the lawn will still grow, need to keep those cut down. Back to weekly in the fall thru early Nov.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Once a week starting in late march up until late Oct or early Nov then its every other week for leaf cleanups unless asked otherwise.

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Everything here is Bi-weekly. I wish I could talk folks into weekly.
    This is a rural area and no one cares about "show" lawns.