How often you do flyers and how many?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Every opportunity I can!

3. Perfect touch landscapes

This year I didn't do any and if I don't double up this spring, I feel I might pay for it
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I think I'm gonna slam places about once a month pretty much all year for 2010

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I usually put out fliers twice in the spring and usually a couple grand. I always say I'm going to put more out in late summer when things slow up a bit, but I never wind up doing it, because I get busy again before I get to do it.

6. MikeWeathers

MikeWeathers LawnSite Member

I've done flyers several times a year and usually 5000, to 8,000 at a time, over a month or so...thats a lot of long days crusing neighborhoods..but it brings in the calls. My response rate has been as high as 2% but normally it stays at .08% or so. After many run ins with the post office, I switched to doing my own direct mail..just write down the addresses as you post flyers, then make a data base to use for mail..the direct mail pulls better ( over 1%) and takes less time. Bulk mail licence is a few hundred bucks but worth it in long run. Other thing is your flyer has to be sharp..attention grabing headline in large font, then loads of text explaining you and your service and why you are the best...more you tell, the more you sell.

7. Perfect touch landscapes

What you guys think when a customer calls from a flyer that they kept for 6-12 months?
    It shocked me but at least I know your response from flyers can be felt for a long time
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe 50 at a time when I have the time, and see a neighborhood I like.

And whatever home I work at, about 3 to 4 houses to either side of it, and across the street when I'm done - so that's 6 to 8 per workday.

9. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

we will put out 25,000 in March.

10. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

you talk about hanging 5000-10000. if i did that i would hang every house in town. do things like this work in a small town?:usflag: