How often you do flyers and how many?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 31, 2009.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

It couldn't hurt...give it a shot...

2. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on doing 20,000 to 10,000 houses this year. Once in mid Feb and then in mid Mar

3. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I think PITA.

The last time I got a call like that, he asked for an estimate. I went there and he said ok and it needed mowing right away. I noticed while I was mowing that the last guy seemed to have quite half way through mowing the lawn. I still spent some extra time at this Indian Doctors yard to clean it up. I had to bag.

At the end I said, I'll see you next week, I bill at the end of the month etc. He says NO NO you too expensive, I just want it this one time.:waving:

It was $25 LOL. I spent more time talking to this guy then mowing.

4. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

Ilive in a small town and i keep hitting the same houses over and over. Trust me if they think about having something done they'll think of me.

I put a small flyer in a zip lock bag with some rock salt in it and through them right at the mail box.Works like a charm and i get them out quick!

5. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I like the idea of targetting neighbors, how many times you put flyers in in a season, what is you sucsessfull rate
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

got to love the pattels!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

as often as i can.

8. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I do them usually once in the spring by sending out one of my employees and a truck and targeting neighborhoods. I also tend to mail out 5000 in our local paper. Response rate is about 1%. I feel it is more and more a waste of time with every laid off guy being a landscaper these days

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

this will be our first year at proffessionally designed three fold flyers as direct mail and also door hangers . we are excited as we have only done this on a small scale making them at home and targeting very specific homes.

we are going for whole hoods this year and will use our flyer also to give to the local real estate agents. we think this will bring in some work and get us even better known in the end for future gains. wo answer the question we will only do the mailers once and the door hangers throughout the year, of course the real estate agents will be on going as well

10. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

I see that there are Pattels all over the country !!! I have several here that are a PITA