how often?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

how may times do you guys cut on average once every 7 days or is it more or less

thanks

Rich

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

7. I cant see how else it would work. I have a few crappy ones that are every other week. but 5 days or 10 i wouldnt bother with unless you need it. I did do it when i started out, so if thats the case do it as they want it, but if you dont need the money its not worth the trouble.

3. Lodi Lawn

Lodi Lawn LawnSite Member

All my lawns are as needed and I determine when it's needed. Have never had any complaints, all the lawns look good all the time.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

If you have a full schedule I'm not sure there is any other way.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have some very few properties with sprinkler systems that are done every 4 to 5 days

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

all lawns are cut as need, spring and fall 5 day cut for residentials. commercials are cut on a 3-5 day cut schedule; sometimes but it is rare in the fall lawns are done on a 2 day or the next day. all depends on the customers needs. and yes lawns are cut on sundays before 1pm

7. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

We can only mow each property every 7 days. But i wish i could mow some every 5 days in the spring.

8. Neil@PLS

Neil@PLS LawnSite Member

We try to keep our routes as tight as possible, so we go to certain routes on certain days (mon-NorthWest, Tues-East, Wed-South, Thurs-HOA & lawns in subdiv, Fri-NorthEast). So it works out to every 7 days. On routes with openings in the schedule we market while we're there.