How old are you REALLY?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Jul 16, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

How many do you remember ?<p>1. Blackjack chewing gum<br>2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water<br>3. Candy cigarettes<br>4. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottles<br>5. Hamburg joints with tableside jukeboxes<br>6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers<br>7. Party lines<br>8. Newsreels before the movie<br>9. Slingshots<br>10. Butch wax<br>11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive - 6933)<br>12. Peashooters<br>13. Howdy Doody<br>14. 45 RPM records<br>15. S&H Green Stamps<br>16. Hi-fi's<br>17. Metal ice trays with levers<br>18. Mimeograph paper<br>19. Blue flashbulbs<br>20. Amos and Andy<br>21. Roller skate keys<br>22. Cork popguns<br>23. Drive-ins<br>24. Studebakers<br>25. Wash tub wringers<p> If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young<br> If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older<br> If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age<br> If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

1. No<br>2. Yes<br>3. Yes<br>4. Yes<br>5. Yes<br>6. Yes<br>7. No<br>8. No<br>9. Yes<br>10. No<br>11. No<br>12. No<br>13. No<br>14. Yes<br>15. Yes<br>16. Yes<br>17. Yes<br>18. No<br>19. Yes<br>20. No<br>21. No<br>22. Yes<br>23. Yes<br>24. No<br>25. No<p>Oh no.....that's 13 &quot;yes&quot; answers. I was raised by my grandparents so a few of these are reflectant on their age, not mine! ;)<p>Ray

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I scored over 16 but I didn't need to take a quiz to tell me I'm older than dirt! My 17 year old daughter and 16 year old son tell me that all the time. They just wish they were making the money I do!

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

How about push reel mowers and hand clippers?

5. jannan

jannan LawnSite Member

All but 1&11 and I suspect that they are regional things. In the late 40's & 50's we had to count the #of rings. How old are you?

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I got a perfect score, I'm older than dirt. I can top some of these questions. I've mowed with horses, raked hay, planted corn and cultivated with horses. Listened to the Lone Ranger and Our Miss Brookes on radio. We had a Studebaker and before that a Model A Ford. I'm older than water too. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

7. Bladecutter

Bladecutter Guest

you mean to tell me party lines are no more.!And my coke machine still dispenes at .25. God I am old!!! <p>i still listen to the Walker Bros.<br> and groups from the 60's . Guessi'm over the hill.<p><font size="1">Edited by: Bladecutter

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My kids don't know how I could grow up without an answering machine, vcr, or computer.

9. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

Butch Wax? Oh yeah! Makin mine stand up right now! Nice and flat on top.

10. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well, 20 out of 25, a couple more actually but considering I'm from Arkansas where its always 20 years behind the times. <br>And we can still get the coke bottles full of suger water!!!!<br>And I used to deliver film to a Drive In, It closed about 10 years ago but there is still one 30 miles south of here!!!! So I guess I'm older then dirt but today is still my birthday!