1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by statman, Mar 7, 2013.

You age group

1. Under 20

19 vote(s)
  2. 21-30

49 vote(s)
  3. 31-40

34 vote(s)
  4. 41-50

39 vote(s)
  5. Over 50

40 vote(s)
  1. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I am 57 and hope and have too keep going. I have a mowing friend that is 73. I still run over 40000 a year before expenses.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Life ends at 50 in the view of some folks. Fifty is the number of working years, not age.
  3. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Im 29 still going strong. Minus this spare tire that has been following me around this winter.
  4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I can see myself actively working this business well into my 70's....if I don't find something else more lucrative and enjoyable....before then. Would love to retire @ 50.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

26 and me either :clapping:
  6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I hope I live longer then my posts on here!;)
  7. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

Are you solo and full time?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    By the way, that's excellent. The body is starting to wear down at our age (I am 56 and feel the effects of a long cold winter).
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I did lots better than this running at 71 last season.

However, the further one goes, the behind-er one gets. Most of the revenue from all the work of mowing, trimming, cleanup, etc is going to pay taxes. One can get pretty disgusted when working 12 hour days in hot weather, or shorter days is freezing weather, doing machine repairs, knowing the income is just going to pay taxes.

For those who are in their 20s, and 30s, and looking forward to be mowing into their 60s and 70s, ... take another look. Taxes are not much of a motivation.
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If I finish making this post then everth
  10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I will be consulting with a tax planner CPA shortly. Zero point in going past the point of diminishing returns.

My son needs more time with dad...not less. Last few years have been a rolling disaster in this area. :(
    Posted via Mobile Device