How old is this Bunton

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Loc, May 11, 2010.

1. Loc

Loc LawnSite Member

I just bought this Bunton 48" Hydro. I picked it up for $800 and think I got a pretty good deal. I am not sure of the year or model for ordering parts when the time comes so I was hoping to get some help with that.

48" Bunton Hydro walkbehind with a Kaw. FC420V engine. The enigne runs great no leak and no leaks from the hydro. The bearing and spindles all seem tight and in good working order.

Thanks for the help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

10-15 years give or take a few. Kinda steep for 800 but if it makes you 30k or so who cares.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's an interesting place for a hydro tank.

I agree. She's an oldie. It's worth $800.

All Kawasaki engines have a date of manufacture right on them. Look on the engine sticker.

4. Loc

Loc LawnSite Member

anyone with ideas on the model number.

5. Remington4

Remington4 LawnSite Member

BHT something, something, so if it has a Kawasaki it would be something like BHT 14 KAW. Meaning BUNTON Hydro Traction unit. They shipped the decks seperate on trucks to the dealer, so the deck might be a BHC 48 or BHC 52. That stands for BUNTON Hydro Cutter deck.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction

6. cutyourgrass

cutyourgrass LawnSite Member

Bunton BHT-14KAWES

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Pre 1999. That model was made for a while. I sold one that was a 1998 or 99 model and it still ran well. I thought it would run forever.

8. cutyourgrass

cutyourgrass LawnSite Member

I'm wrong. That is not the number for the one in the picture.

9. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of these. From the Pic, it looks like a Mid 90's Bunton BHT-14KAW (Series X) to me..... The ES is the KAW w/ the Canister air intake. The thing to look for is the "Pointed Deck" vs. Deck that runs straight accross form wheel to wheel. I have the same mower only with a newer Kaw FH500v put on it. It's a good mower, but Hard to find some Specific parts such as the Leaver control rods and the safety switches, etc.

10. JAX76CJ

JAX76CJ LawnSite Senior Member