1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How old is this mower and what is its value?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by bogeyfree31, May 24, 2010.

1. bogeyfree31

bogeyfree31 LawnSite Member

Its a Gravely pm160z with 95 hours. Current owner got it in a barter and never used it.

Just serviced and everything checks out.

18hp Kohler with 46 inch cut.

Whats it worth? He's asking $1500.

Whats the deal with the steering controls?

He didn't know the year. How old is this mower?

Should I consider this mower or spend three times this amount and get something brand new?

mower.jpg

2. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

Get the serial number and call Gravely to get the year. Someone had one on here for sale recently and wanted $4200 for it.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just an off the cuff guess. I'd say it's around a '93 model...

Certianly OLD technology, some of the first "trial and errors" in making commercial zero turns, back when sitting down was something new.

I hate to say it, but there may be a reason it's that old with almost NO hours... I'd demand to USE it for some time before any money changes hands.

4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is, in fact, a '93, I doubt if the original cost 17 years ago was as high as $4200.

5. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

I would agree, but that doesn't stop someone from asking for that! :rolleyes: