1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how or what you need to start up a bussness in nebraska

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by rwhughes, Jan 11, 2006.

1. rwhughes

rwhughes LawnSite Member

i am tring to find out what i need to start up in nebraska if any one has any clue
  2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

You won't need any permits unless you do fertilizing and then get a license. Call the ag office as they are giving tests this month and next. It would be nice if you have insurance. State Farm will sell you a policy for $350 a year. Stay out of Omaha we have enough lawn services. LOL!:) Just kidding. I think there is a guy from Columbus on here. Maybe he will see your post. Good luck and be professional.
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to Columbus

Are you new in town or just new to the biz? Ive been here for a few years. You will need you pest lic to do any spraying, even roundup in the sidewalk cracks. yOu will need a city license for any tree work on city prop. including (I think) along the curbs. Also you need a sales tax number in you doing any planting, (sod but not seed) or building,(patios,retaining walls) or applying any pesticides excluding herbicide. Talk to you accountant or the state dept of revenue.
    You just missed the Nebraska Turf conference with some good info on new pesticides and some new pests.

I'd wait until you know what size and type of accounts you will have before deciding on what equipment to buy. When you want to look at mowers be prepared to drive at least 100 miles to see any good selection of commercial equipment. You can get them here but you have to order almost everything. Lakeview small engine has finally started to stock some but not alot. I bought from the Hustler dealer at Hadar (north of Norfolk).
    Just do good work at a fair price. (fair for you and the customer)
    Give me a call If you have any ?