how powerful is your blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by agriffn, Feb 27, 2002.

1. agriffn

agriffn LawnSite Member

I just bought a Ryobi blower/vacuum from lowes for $120

it has a 31cc engine, 10:1 mulching ratio

its not commercial grade, how powerful do you need a blower?

do you ever use the vacuum mulching features of your blowers?

2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Echo PB603 backpack blower. It has a 58.2cc engine with 190mph air velocity (measured at the end of the tube). The higher air speed helps alot in wet conditions. As far as a vacuum feature is concerned, I would prefer to use a Billy Goat or comparable model for that.

3. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

Almost any blower will do for tidying up properties after mowing.
    But, you will need a good backpack if you are going to do fall and spring cleanups. Last Fall, I got the new Echo PB650. 210 mph and 650 cfm at the end of the pipe. Nothing less will do now. In fact, it obsoleted my 9hp Little Wonder push blower, which I will sell this Spring.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Once you have a 60 cc back pack blower, nothing else will do. Just get a commercial grade blower for commercial work.

5. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

The Echo model PB603 works great, I also have a 205MPH Craftsman that works good, easy for small blow off jobs and I used the vacuum on it alot this past fall worked great.

6. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have a Echo pb-650 and its something else i dont think anything can beat it as far as power wise. its a 63.3cc and max. air speed is 210mph. I have a small handheld echo blower for the smaller jobs also. Because sometimes when your blowing leaves and you get in a corner the backpack gets hard to use with your back to the house around flower beds and what not. also about that ryboi you said you bought take it back while you have time I bought one when I first started and thought it was a good deal but it ends up being in that corner of junk that you have in your shop.

7. SUNSHINE LAWN

SUNSHINE LAWN LawnSite Member

I bought an ECHO 650 at the beginning of last fall for clean ups and the power is very useful for heavy, wet, bulky stuff. The only draw backs that I see are that it uses more fuel and weighs a little more. I will probably buy a mid sized backpack this spring just for blowing off grass and use the 650 for heavy use. I also have and echo handheld which now will only be used for a back up or very small quick jobs. Also, that ryobi, homelite, or any other homeowner equipment will not last the season if you use it daily. I would buy a commercial blower if you can.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The bigger backpack blowers are awesome. My Redmax eb7000 is one bad dude, but it sucks tons of fuel. I will only use it in leaves and in bad conditions. I will stick with my Stihl BR400 for grass season.

9. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Echo PB-650!

It's a little cumbersome to use, and doesn't fit quite right in the TrimmerTrapp blower rack, but it will blow the paint off the truck.
    Bill Craig!