How really effective are Flyers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craig, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Craig

Craig LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Dear Fellow Board Members,

How effective are distributing flyers? What is the average responce and close rate? I am located in Passiac County NJ.

Thank You,
    Craig D.
  2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on it. THere are a lot of posts on flyers in the past discussions.
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

3% call back...then 70% to 90% accepts estimates
  4. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Craig,I don't have enough of my own personal data to make a call on it, but, most of my work comes from flyers. From what I read and hear others remark it's somewhere between 2-5% of total flyers put out.

Lonestar, I would like to see one of your flyers. How about e-mailing one. 12,000 flyers eh? How many have you put out in the past? How long have you been in biz and how many clients do you have now?
    Thanks, Dan
  5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our last year return rate on flyers were 10% return of only 200 passed out. We had 2000 door hangers and should recieve a 5% to 7% return.(high end middle class to high end upper class homes, average home starts at $150,000 and go up beyond 4million that we maintain and target.)
  6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Personally I have recived about 1% back.Look at it this way.How hard is it too put a flyer,doorhanger ect 100 mail boxes?????Not that hard really.Personally I can do about 100 houses an hour.With 1% becoming a client,that could mean a job an hour.Not too bad when you think about it.

The reason I like leaving flyers is when I need some more jobs,I just go get them!
  7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Scape Sculptor my profile has my years in business though been in green industry over 8 years. Handed out 2,000 flyers last year and obtained 45 clients from that. Since that was our first year our name is now out there more and people have seen us in thier neighborhood so we are doing 12,000 flyers this year hitting new and old areas (mostly new)
  8. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

When we first started our business we put out 300 flyers which had excellent returns. Four of our permanent accounts now were picked up through these flyers. Excellent for targeting specific areas also, give em a shot!!
  9. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Flyers work best on houses that have a for sale sign on them with a small sign on top of that saying,"SOLD". New owners rarely keep any existing service.I have a real simple one that gets great response for spring if anyone wants a copy let me know.
  10. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

I'd like to get a copy of your flyer. I'm getting ready to order nebs door hangers and would like to see what other lmo's are putting on thier spring flyers.