How ru handling billing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by harddog00, Mar 12, 2008.

1. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

What are some of the ways you handle billing. Do you mail out the invoice, or plan to pick up on a certain day?

2. plug

plug LawnSite Member

Some clients perfer them sent via email and the others get mailed by the 29th of the month!

3. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

Thanks.........Anyone else?

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

We do prepaid for our mowing agreements. works well for us. we get our money up front. all other work is billed as we do the work and is completed.

5. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

i use quickbooks pro and CLIP routing software, the clip links to my quickbooks to print bills for customers. I send bills out on the 29th and payment is due by the 15, if it is late there is a 20% late fee added to the bill. Anything 30 days or over, i take legal action such as a lien on property and stop cutting grass. My contracted customers get billed for the following month, and my pay per visits get billed for work already completed.

6. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

I leave an invoice at the house at the last cut of the month - saves postage. If customer starts mid month or so, I bill for first cut then start leaving invoice at end of month.

7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I mail a bill monthly.

8. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

I do monthly billing using Gohper 2006 software, all you have to do is set everything up once for the client and depending on how you setup the client is how it will bill. We use the contract setup and it creats an invoice at the end of the month for us to give to the client. Very easy to use, i would highly recommend it to anyone

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

bill monthly on maintenance contracts.....upon completion for jobs

10. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Get gopher software it is awesome Good luck