How should I sell my mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman, Feb 22, 2000.

1. mowerman

mowerman LawnSite Member

I have a Exmark LazerZ HP, 48' deck, 19hp rider. I was wondering what is the best way to sell it and for how much. It has 300 hrs. on it and only one year, it runs great etc etc but I need something bigger (Ho Ho Ho!) Thank You!<p>----------<br>Matt McNeil<br>

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Have you tried putting it in the newspaper classifieds? It may not work if you are in a small area. Don't count on a lot of calls but the ones who do are usually serious. It's not like a car where you get a lot of tire kickers.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I TRY TO KEEP MY EQUIPMENT IF I CAN, I HAVEN'T SOLD ANY YET. IF YOU INTEND TO GROW TRY TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP THE SMALL ONE AND BUY OR LEASE A BIGGER UNIT. YOU WILL NEED A WIDE RANGE OF STUFF FOR LATER ON. <p><br>HOMER

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Homer. Never do know when you will need a backup. But if you want to sell cal all the lawn service companies in a 40 mile radius of you is another way to sell it.

5. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

well i think your mower is worth 400.00 ...and u can just e-mail me and tell me where to pick it up,

6. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

I think you should act really kinky towards someone, then sell them the mower Matt.

7. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

try the 'wheeler dealer/auto trader' type publications. Most have one for farm/related equip. For $25, you can reach half a million people (maybe less) for 3 weeks. Much better value than the local classifieds.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>