1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How small can the intake pipe be?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ErikWP, May 3, 2005.

1. ErikWP

ErikWP LawnSite Member

I think my intake pipe from the check-valve to the well point has a crack in it.
    It is 1 1/4", I was wondering if I could run a 1" pipe inside the 1 1/4" and then at the top go back to 1 1/4" to connect to the check-valve.
  2. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

Vacuum leak inside the Pump?
    Views: 80 Posted By ErikWP

Wet Boots

Why are you on this site, if you don't wan't to give advise. I guess to you, just because someone doesn't know how to do something, they should just call a pro.
    Its because people like...

I read some of your posts and it all has to do with your personal irrigation system. Then I read this post that your bashing someone for telling you to call a professional. Guess what I would have to agree that this site is for professionals helping professionals not a home owner Do it yourself center. Call a pro or take some classes and hours of hard work and loose your shorts on a couple of jobs to figure it out. Thats how we did it.. No help from me.. How about the rest of you??
  3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

What the hell are you talking about?? You seem to have any number of incomplete points and thoughts that are confusing as hell. Are you talking to WetBoots or ErikWP or just in general?

As for not giving advice, that's your perogative. Keep all your secrets about irrigation to yourself. But since you have it all by the shorthairs, then there probably won't be any need for you to ask questions will there?

And just for grins, are you a professional? Are you licensed by a state agency, or certified by the IA? What makes you a pro?

Just a rant.