HOW SO QUICKLY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Seanl33, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Seanl33

Seanl33 LawnSite Member
    from NH

I HAVE ALL THE COMMERCIAL MOWERS AND EVERYTHING AND IT STILL TAKES ME LIKE 40 MIN TO CUT -WEEDWACK- BLOW A LAWN --LIKE THE OTHER DAY SOME GUY HAD THE SAME MOWER AS I AND WAS DONE BEFORE ME AND I WAS THERE BEFORE HIM AND I FELT LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND THE LAWN WAS BOUT AVERAGE NOT BIG NOT SMALL

HOW DO U GUYS ALL DO A LAWN SO QUICK??? IT TOOK THE OTHER GUY LIKE 20 MIN AM I MISSING SOMETHING PLEASE SHARE METHODS. . .

THANKS SEAN

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Experience............

40 mins. for one lawn is a bit excessive. We can do a decent sized HOA in just over an hour.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe the other guys missing something. Actually takes me longer than when I worked for someone else, since they are my customers, I don't skip any trimming. All my 60+ lawns take me on average from 25-60 minutes depending on the lawn.

Plus, I'll double cut areas if I'm not completely happy with how it looks. I want to be better than the other guy, and keep the customers happy.

4. Seanl33

Seanl33 LawnSite Member
    from NH

Thanks now i wont feel as bad

5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Seanl33,
    Don't worry about it unless you're losing money. Maybe you are more detail oriented then the other LCO, or maybe it is experience. There are variables such as the shape of lawn, amount of trimming to be done, amount of blowing, etc. I have a 2 acre apartment complex that takes me 1 hour to complete, then there's a 3 acre complex that takes me 2 hours because of more trimming, blowing each 1st floor patio, and the lawn is so rough & bumpy I can't mow at full speed.

Just make sure the money is there and you're not shorting yourself.

Buck

6. HydroBC

HydroBC LawnSite Member

Sean-
    I agree with Hoolie completely. Take your time and you are not only working safer but your mower is actually cutting better. I always double cut my front lawns just to bring out the striping. Its takes me maybe 5 min more but let me tell you- its probably gotten me 20 add'l lawns over the past 2 years.
    Also, If youre mowing weekly theres going to be less to cut and youre time will go down.

Good Luck