1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how tall and how much do you weigh?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 12, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just writing. i'm 6'2" and 240lbs with a history of back problems. i was just wondering what kind of sulky would be best for me? thanks for your help, just hope this thread doesn't get sent to the unread forum..

lawn wizards

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

6'1" 185lbs. Do not use walkbehinds. Only Z's. We have one walkbehind left that we have not sold. Just not productive enough for the work we do.

3. lawnwizards

avery, why did you reply if you don't use walk behinds? just curious.

4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I like my lesco set up about 300.00 a little expensive but worth it. It has 2 connections to the mower and pivits side to side and up and down and has two wheels same as the front of the mower

5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Might be because the thread title doesn't ask about walk behinds it asks about height and weight:dizzy:

6. lawnwizards

turf medic,
    but who replys soley on the name of the thread? i want to know how tall and the weight of everyone that uses sulkys. why are you giving me a hard time. its a simple question.

7. lawnwizards

fivestarlawnken, hows your back after a long day of cutting with that sulky?

8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time, thought maybe the other guy misunderstood the the purpose of your thread, every year someone is asking height and weight. Good Luck on your query

9. lawnwizards

turf medic,
    i have a history of back problems, i was just wondering how tall and how much everyone weighed that used sulkys. which ones are best for the taller guys that doesn't put so much strain on your back. maybe i should've made myself a little clearer on what i'm getting at... my bad. sorry to snap at you..

lawn wizards.

10. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i am 6 2, 225...i use jungle jim sulky...haven't noticed that big of a problem from mowing...on bigger properties i will sometimes squat to my knees while i am moving, arch back etc...might even ride by the cooler and grab a quick sip of water stetch...i do know that the lower back bothers me when i have the weed whip longer than 20mins at one time...