How the 'olders' stack up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLR, May 21, 2006.

1. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking to buy another cheaper riding lawn mower(1990-ish) considerations are: another Ariens
    John Deere
    Noma
    Craftsmen

any inputs/tidbits or info on past expierences are going to be well worshiped..so please plug away!!

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Are you really spending time researching a 100-200 dollar mower

3. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

"Are you really spending time researching a 100-200 dollar mower"
    --
    Nawp!..i have three to pick from this friday,and the cheapest of decent runners over here in canada run around 500buckers for a cheapee..rememeber..just looking for your inputs only..

4. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

well i waited...and waited..what a bunch of useless members..

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Ariens or Johndeere would be best. Really its 500 bucks so you can't go wrong with any. Its not like investing in a new car. Im spending $10500 on a new bobcat mower.

Goodluck

Jeff

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Did you do a search of the forums on the brands you are looking at? Perhaps these mower were discussed in a prior lifetime. It would advantage you read about the repairs on said older mowers.

These useless members have moved on to new equipment for pretty good reason.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This reminds me of many years ago when someone asked to buy my old Vw golf, mind you the car had somewhere along 260,000 miles on it and thou it ran and everything worked, it was an old, worn out car.

After I tried to talk him out of it I told the guy, if you really want it, 800 dollars cash... He then asks me if he can make payments, to which I replied yes, one payment: 800 dollars.

Needless to say, I continued to drive the car until it finally quit one day, with 297,000 miles on the odometer... I was disappointed it didn't make 300k lol.

8. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Hee..i only said "useless" to try to give this thread a breath of new life and get people involved..sorry!..never wanted to actually offend any..:waving: ,theank-you for some inputs finally though,it actually helps,and believe me,i WISH i could afford a ZT or Cadet type thing,where's that lotto when you need it!

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

When you are asking a question about a bunch of useless mowers, it's not worth the time to even reply to you. Now, please paypal me $5 US for my time to stop and reply to your useless question.

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

You are at the wrong place- try the homeowner forum. Nobody on the professional side uses 15 year old homeowner stuff so we know very little about it.
    In our minds that is usless stuff to us.