How tight do you run your route?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, May 13, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im curious...how tight do you guys/gals run your route? Id like to tighten mine a bit...and Im curious about yours!

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We try to run them as tight as we can. In fact, to the point where we may do different sections of the same town on different days.

Now as far as miles or time goes we do not have that down exactly. However, they are all within minutes of each other. All except Monday and Tuesday. These days have commercial properties, so they can be spaced out a little more.

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We run within a 5 mile radius

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

My routes are where in I am one part of town on Monday and another on Tuesday and so on. None of this driving around to different parts each day. My longest mileage on one route is 30 miles round trip, back to the garage.

JP

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

All of our lawns are in groups of 3 or more and none of the groups are more than 10 minutes apart. Granted it has taken many years to get it like this but my father and I can do 15 to 18 lawns and be home no later than 1.

6. mole

mole LawnSite Member

same here always have at least 3 in a row. Thursday's my truck doesn't move for a while i have 13 on one street. all grouped together. I'm usually home by 2:30 everyday get the kids off the bus, still do 55 accounts by myself and mulch and hardscape on the weekends. now my plow rt is 2.5 miles 60 accounts tightly spun together took 7 years to get it like that.

7. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

All my work is in my own neighborhood except for 5 yards and they're just down the road about 3 miles.

8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

We have 3 main sections, and then 3 lesser sections, but one is quickly climbing in density. In the sections, the houses < 1/2 mile apart. The max distance between two houses is 8 miles, but that is because we are in the city, and they are on opposite sides. Most (85%) are within a 2 mile radius of here.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

On a scale of 1 to 10, I run mine about a 3 - 4, sure do, sometimes a 2 or a 5 slips in, just depends.

10. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

DAMN!!! must be nice....

i average about 80-100 miles a DAY....chalk it up to living in the country-working in the city

also chalk it up to visiting your dealer on a weekly basis...and not by choice..:hammerhead: