How to access the underside of the deck on a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, May 3, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

im getting a new ZTR this week:weightlifter: and ive been wondering, how am i going to change the blades and clean the deck an so on. i know there are the jungle-jacks, but there are mixed opinions about them. im getting a toro so, should i get a Z-stand????

anyone tried these?

thanks

2. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Ive heard some people using car jacks.

3. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know what other guys do, but in my shop I have a couple wratchet straps around ceiling joists and just crank it up. Safest way I can think of to do it as long as long as you know the joists can handle the weight.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Floor jacks work nice for in the garage or shop. In the field use your trailer gate and just run one caster wheel up on the edge of the ramp. (This is what i do most of the time)

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I do this 95% of the time.

6. DLCS

I'm not telling you what to do but don't use ratchet straps as a lifting device. I've had them break using them like you are doing. This was the 2" straps too. Get yourself a chain fall hoist.

7. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

The ones I'm talking about have a 10,000 lb. breaking strength. With one on each side unless they are damaged, not a chance they will break. Thanks for the word of caution though. Where from in ILL? Bloomington here.

8. DLCS

I'm from Sterling, not too far north of you.:usflag:

9. CLEANCUT007

CLEANCUT007 LawnSite Member

Good chian hoist works best.. be sure to block it up once you have it in the air..

10. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

i back my mower up on car ramps, attach 2 heavy duty ratchet straps to the front of the mower then i hook my overhead electric hoist to the straps and up the front goes and you can do whatever you need to do. I bought my hoist for about 120.00 brand new at harborfreighttools, it works great for me