How to add this account?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&M, Nov 6, 2006.

1. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have been watching this "fast" oil change location in my area this past summer it appears that it is not cut by a "lawn service". How would you go about trying to add this location as an account?

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

go and ask to talk to the manager. Ask him who is maintaining the property. Then go from there.

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Walk in with good attitude, clean w business card ask to speak to the manager or person in charge. Shake hands present yourself say your inquiring about the the lawn service of the company,and that you would like the opportunity to give his establishment much better looking curb appeal. With luck they will ask for estimate leave your estimate on a professional looking estimate sheet(not a napkin or notebook paper dont laugh Ive seen it).

Ive gotten many jobs this way its all in how you project yourself and your business, dont just walk in and drop off a bid talk to somebody if you can. If not ask when that person will be in and come back. Good luck lets us know what happens.

4. B&M

I thought about calling first.

5. martinfan06

Your still going to have to talk to them sooner or later, just got to get over being nervous about it. I was nervous at first also just bite the bullet might work might not.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think with calling, it's easier to get "pushed off", much easier to cut you off and say no quickly on the phone.
    Show up in person, have a little portfolio so to speak, with with your business card, your insurance card, etc, and ask to speak to the owner/manager. You'll be better received in person than on the phone. jmo

7. B&M

The more I think about it ya'll are right. I will just go by and speak to them in person. This is the first time I have tried to acquire a true commercial account. I am just lost on the process as the "customer" has not asked for the service.

8. martinfan06

Its all in how you project yourself,your trying to help there company as well as help yourself thats how you have to approach it. Sometimes they dont even relize how bad there property looks:dizzy::dizzy: sounds weird but true. They see it everyday or they just never pay attention to it, it takes someone saying hey I drive by here all the time this place is horrible(not in so many words:laugh:) Just dont get discouraged if it dont pan out the 1st time sometimes it works sometimes it dont.

9. B&M

Thanks for all the help and ideas ya'll.