1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to advertise for the Winter season?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Schlepie, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

How do you guys set yourself up for the slower season? I have sent all my customers their winter newsletter and am ready to send out my Christmas lighting and decorating mailer. Also am having some lighting and decorating signs made to put on top of my current signs come November. Should I advertise in the newspaper about this and other services? :pumpkin:
  2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know much about the range of the New Braunfels paper, but I live in Pearland, just outside of Houston. If I were to advertise in the Houston paper, it would be very costly and I would probably get many non productive calls as they would be too far away. We have a small weekly paper in Pearland that charges $50 for 4 weeks for a business card sized ad. I think that is a pretty good deal. If the rates are reasonable for the New Braunfels paper, I would say go for it. Otherwise you may want to consider a direct mailing of flyers. Just my $.02