1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to Advertise to Wealthy Home Owners

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sean Adams, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Bingo! I knew a very well established company that had three crews and because of the laziness of one crew,he lost half his business overnight and was forced to lay off employees and to sell half of his equipment. He never recovered from those loses and now it's him and just one employee.

The low end to middle class out number the rich by far,so in that regard, I'll stick to the high volume accounts where a few loses won't bankrupt you.
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I service enough of those homes. enough to know they all seem to be perfectly fine with how I treat them.

I'm saying you CAN take the same approach and I do take the same approach. at least that has been my experience.

mowing are done on a weekly basis. no more, no less (unless a drought). mulch is done once a season. shrubs usually pruned twice a season. leaves cleaned up in the spring and fall. no bumping a lower paying client for a higher paying client. call backs are done when I get to them for everyone. I don't care if you spend $20,000 or $2,000 a year. it's not gonna make me call you back any sooner or place you first in my schedule.

I see what your saying and get it but have experienced just the opposite.