How to approach realtors on property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chambers 38, Oct 24, 2004.

1. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

I have a home up for sale right in front of my neighborhood and was thinking of contacting the realtor about taking care of the property till sold, but I'm new at this so I'm looking for some pointers on how to approach the realtor.
    Should I just call the realtor and sell my self and services or??
    Thanks for your input
    Gil

2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Its still the responisbility of the home owner to take care of the grass. The only thing a realtor can do for you is relay the message.

3. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

No I forgot to include that the home was foreclosed on and is the banks or the realtors not sure?
    That why I'm asking
    Sorry.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The realtor never owns the house, regardless of whether its been foreclosed on or not. Just call the realtor. They don't get paid until the house sells, they're always for anything that will make the property more attractive and sell faster.

5. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

As long as it costs them (realtors) nothing. I have been trying to think of a way to sell services to realtors or homeowners who are selling their homes. Thought of offering to do service ( pressure washing home and/or mowing & wait on money 3 to 6 months ( possibly time enough to sell the home) so they see it as an investment that will pay off & won't seem like a big deal when they have the check in their hand on closing day.
    Any thoughts on this.. Obviously I'd have to have a signed contract.

6. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

you could be on to something there, but as for the foreclosed home i bought my home from the bank it was a foreclosed home the bank does not want to put any more money in the home because once they foreclose it becomes a negative mark on there books, that is why most times you can buy these homes cheap all the bank wants is there money that they have in it. But like i said the pressure washing and other stuff might just work. also it never hurts to call the guy across the street anyway, who knows it might lead to something.

7. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a signed contract for any service performed or you could be sorry/mad later. Realtors are deal makers so you need to be thinking clearly when you entertain doking this type of work.

8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I'd defintely have a realtor sign a contract , because in my experience most of them have the morals of a rattlesnake.

9. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

I'm a Part-time realtor. I would call the realtor, ask for the settlement date on the house and try to coordinate meeting the new owners around the move in date (they'll probably be very busy so make a great first impression and keep it brief). Or, ask for the buyers current address so that you may forward them you're companies info.

I believe face-to-face would be better.

Good luck.

10. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We mow for companies that manage foreclosed properties. These homes are turned over the the mgt Co. who changes the locks, secures the water etc. etc. & takes care of the yard work.

Sometimes the Mgt. Cos. will post a little business card on a window, in case of an emergency or on the counter inside the home. They usually have a lawn company that takes care of all their properties, but it is worth your while to call them, maybe you will get 30 yards to do instead of 1. Searching out HUD properties may be anther way to find one of these Co's. The Realtor rarely knows who the Mgt Co. is.
    Hope this helps
    MJ