"How to attatch fliers to mailboxes"

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tom's lawn care, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

you cant touch the mailbox or any part including the flag.

you can rubber band it to the post.

2. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

That is illegal, as in Federal Offense. Good luck with that :hammerhead:

3. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

we have had the best results with this: have the printer make 3 flyers per page,(8.5x11) print front and back..put them in a 3mill thick bag with a small marble chip as a weight...heat seal or staple the top shut...have a passenger ride and toss at the base of each mailbox or end of driveway..the potential customer has to be able to get your msg on the way to the trash can...if they have to unfold/open something you are wasting your time....be persistant, keep doing the same areas every month for up to a year....it will work well if you do it right...also, stay away from the fancy four color picture type printing...a bright solid color cardstock and black ink stands out way more and in most cases is much easier to read.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

You cant put anything on the mailbox, its against the law!

5. Silberwing

Silberwing LawnSite Member

LSU Lawnboy,

That's how post my flier's I believe that's the best method.

The sticky flier's removing paint from the mailboxes could cost that time and money.

6. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Does anybody know anyone who's been charged with these horrific crimes?

7. deanslawnservice09

deanslawnservice09 LawnSite Member

im pretty sure the usps is a now a privately owned company now with NO ties to the federal government in any way anymore (so my mailman said?)

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

It's a federal agency but run much like a privet company. They basically run in a grey area between government and privet were they get the best of each aspect. For example they can hire any contractor, sub contractor, service company they want without putting it to bid like a privet company, but if they want to build a new post office they can purchase the land through emenent domain. So they do not have all of the red tape that other agencies have, this is because they are mostly privetly founded through the sale of stamps. Very little of their budget comes from tax dollars. But either way, the thing that effects us most is that their enforcement of laws and regulations is on a federal level. Which is why sending some forms of contraband through USPS is a felony while sending the same item through UPS/FedEx is not

9. deanslawnservice09

deanslawnservice09 LawnSite Member

my mailman said the at least in massachusetts the usps has recently privatized... i guess he lied?

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.