How to become a better Salesman?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Inman's lawn care, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Inman's lawn care

Inman's lawn care LawnSite Member

So all of you on this forum have allot of Knowledge, Experience and have seen some tough times and High times.

What is the best approach on getting new business? (Fliers, joining Chamber of commerce, door hangers, business expos) what are the best results you have seen?

Should I run big Ads in local newspapers or small one's?

How do you get commercial contracts? (just go to an Restaurants, office building) and ask for the Manager or Maintenance Supervisor? what are the best results you have seen?

When going door to door and talking to residents what should you say or not say?

What time of year would be good to start hard core advertising? (Feb, March, April) what are the best results you have seen?

Has anyone tried Bulk mail? have you seen results in it?

Where is the best place to get good insurance? (from your home insurance companies)? Any sites would be nice please and Thank you.

Should I carry insurance on my trailer? equipment?

Is insurance all I need, since I don’t have anyone working for me yet?
    And when I do what do I have to pick up and where?

Business cards does it matter how FLASHY they are?

Where is an good site to get Truck and Trailer magnets?

What would be good give away items?

What donations are the most Recognizable to the communities?

Any other ideas or suggestion would be apperciated.

Inman's Lawn Care
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Start with the search button and narrow down your request to 10 or 20 of the important things
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

"Ask" for the business. It is a simple number game the more you ask the more you sell. If they say now follow up a few months later, let them know you are still there. When they do decide to hire someone for solicit bids you will be on their mind. Not to mention most comapnay will always enterain a qualified bidder.